FBI, This Week: Office of Integrity and Compliance Marks 10th Anniversary
September 21, 2017
The FBI’s mission to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States is guided through its Office of Integrity and Compliance, which marks its 10th anniversary this year.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s mission to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States is guided through its Integrity and Compliance office, which marks its 10th anniversary this year.
The FBI was among the first—and remains among the few—federal agencies with a formal compliance program.
Assistant Director Patrick Kelley says it demonstrates the FBI’s commitment to the rule of law.
Patrick Kelley: We have to demonstrate to the public that while we enforce the law, we're not above the law. We hold ourselves accountable more than the average citizen does.
Halpern: Kelley says it’s crucial to cultivate a culture in which our institutional core values—such as compassion, respect, and diversity—direct the FBI family to carry out the Bureau’s vision with a moral compass.
Kelley: We know right from wrong. We work hard to establish and inculcate the core values in all employees, and we hold each other accountable—which is another one of our core values—and we drive together in a direction that will make us proud and make our future children and citizens proud.
Halpern: To learn more about the FBI and its mission, visit www.fbi.gov. With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria