FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
October 16, 2017
The FBI, its law enforcement partners, and the National Guard are delivering critical supplies to those affected by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI, its law enforcement partners, and the National Guard are delivering critical supplies to those affected by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
Collapsed bridges, impassable roadways, and other hazards have cut off many communities from accessing essential items—like food, water, diesel fuel, and hygiene products.
The FBI is using its aircraft, boats, and heavy-duty ground vehicles to reach communities most in need.
Special Agent Carlos Osorio…
Carlos Osorio: There are some people that have lost everything—I mean, their houses their vehicles were flooded, their furniture—they don’t have anything. When they see us arrive with these trucks, they’re really, really, grateful, and they’re really thankful.
Halpern: Although these aren’t the normal duties of FBI employees, Osorio says…
Osorio: It’s satisfying to us.
Halpern: Hundreds of FBI employees are lending a hand…
Osorio: We have a bunch of volunteers from throughout the Bureau, people volunteering to come down and to help, to give us a break.
Halpern: Puerto Rican neighborhoods in need of essential supplies as a result of Hurricane Maria can contact the San Juan Field Office. With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 02.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: Global Sweep Addresses Growing Elder Fraud Threat
- 02.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: Restoring the Identities of Unknown Human Remains
- 02.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Partnership Helps Reduce Backlogged Sexual Assault Kits
- 02.01.2018 — Inside the FBI: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII
- 02.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Playing It Safe—The Bureau Prepares for Super Bowl LII