FBI, This Week: Counterterrorism Division Hits a Milestone
November 21, 2019
The FBI—the lead agency for preventing and investigating acts of terrorism—marks the 20th anniversary of its Counterterrorism Division.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI—the lead agency for preventing and investigating acts of terrorism—marks the 20th anniversary of its Counterterrorism Division.
The Counterterrorism Division formalized the way the FBI approached the evolving terrorism threat, but the Bureau had actually begun investigating terrorism decades before.
Section Chief Brian Antol began working terrorism cases at the FBI in the early 90s and experienced firsthand the transformation after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
Brian Antol: The biggest change has to be the way the whole U.S. government and the FBI has grown and expanded in relation to the threat. To understand what the threat is, where it's coming from, and the resources that have been dedicated to it.
Halpern: Combatting terrorism is the FBI’s top investigative priority.
Brian Antol: Terrorism is not going away. It's going to evolve, but the FBI is definitely going to evolve to meet this threat to keep the Homeland protected.
Halpern: This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 02.26.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA - Tagalog (FBI Los Angeles)
- 02.04.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 01.21.2020 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Ley de Protección de las Víctimas de la Trata de Personas
- 01.21.2020 — FBI, This Week: 2019 Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report Released
- 01.16.2020 — Se Busca por el FBI: Jose Arturo Navarrete, Jr.