FBI, This Week: The FBI’s Strategy to Combat the Evolving Terror Threat
September 16, 2016
The FBI is combating a changed terror threat since the attacks of September 11, 2001.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is combating a changed terror threat since the attacks of September 11, 2001. FBI Director James Comey on the evolving threat…
Director James Comey: Our focus now is on a much more disparate threat that's hard to see, unpredictable, motivated, and driven by people who are just disturbed.
Halpern: Director Comey predicts that the caliphate, known as ISIL, will be crushed and that the FBI will focus on the impact over the next five years. He expects ISIL’s production of propaganda through digital media to also eventually degrade. The FBI stays ahead of the threat through heightened integration with other intelligence, military, and law enforcement partners.
Comey: Although we have different responsibilities, different authorities, different focuses to be effective, the circles have to not just touch, they have to overlap.
Halpern: Intelligence drives the FBI’s operations and training.
Comey: We're training our analysts and our agents together at Quantico, and they learn what each of them brings to the mission.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program