FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
August 3, 2017
New FBI Director Christopher Wray—sworn in on August 2, 2017—pledges to be the type of leader that the FBI deserves and one who will make every American proud.
Mollie Halpern: New FBI Director Christopher Wray pledges to be the type of leader that the FBI deserves and one who will make every American proud.
Wray says he will remain steadfast to the FBI’s motto of fidelity, bravery, and integrity during his 10-year tenure.
Testifying at his confirmation hearing, he said…
Christopher Wray: I will never allow the FBI’s work to be driven by anything other than the facts, the law, and the impartial pursuit of justice—period, full stop. My loyalty is to the Constitution and to the rule of law. Those have been my guideposts throughout my career, and I will continue to adhere to them no matter the test.
Halpern: Wray says he witnessed firsthand the dedication of FBI employees during his early years in public service. FBI Historian John Fox.
John Fox: Like several of our Directors in the past, Mr. Wray has come from a background as a prosecutor and leader in the Department of Justice.
Halpern: Less than 24 hours after taking the oath of office as the FBI’s eighth Director, Wray traveled to the Miami Field Office to pay his respects at a memorial service for fallen agent Rickey O’Donald.
With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 05.23.2019 — FBI, This Week: Review of Attacks on Law Enforcement Officers
- 05.17.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Informe Muestra un Aumento de Muertes en Actos de Servicio
- 05.17.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Charles Lee Hill
- 05.13.2019 — FBI, This Week: Violence Against Law Enforcement
- 05.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Arnoldo Jimenez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List