FBI, This Week: Combat and Command Liaison Program
June 3, 2016
A program designed to deepen the working relationship between the FBI and the Department of Defense is experiencing significant growth.
Mollie Halpern: A program designed to deepen the working relationship between the FBI and the Department of Defense is experiencing significant growth.
The Combat and Command Liaison Program is expanding to facilitate coordination of joint operations and investigations countering terrorism and beyond.
Acting Unit Chief within the FBI’s International Operations Division Paul Gomez…
Paul Gomez: The FBI is embedded around the world and in dangerous locations with the military. They are focused on confronting the terrorism fight, transnational organized crime—a number of national security threats to the United States.
Halpern: The FBI supports the military in a variety of ways, to include providing law enforcement training.
Gomez: They gain a significant benefit from the relationship because they can dip into our subject matter expertise and apply it to the problems that they are trying to resolve.
Halpern: The partnership is mutually beneficial; contingents of military members are embedded within the FBI. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Statistics Released - Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2015
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country X
- 10.14.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Aprovechamiento de los Lingüistas en las Investigaciones del FBI
- 10.14.2016 — FBI, This Week: Social Engineering
- 10.06.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Alfonso Diaz-Juarez