David Lee Kemp
January 19, 2012
An alleged crime of passion put him behind bars—but David Lee Kemp escaped before his trial.
Mollie Halpern: An alleged crime of passion put him behind bars—but David Lee Kemp escaped before his trial.
Steven J. Shapiro: He was in jail awaiting trial for allegedly killing his ex-wife and her boyfriend.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. David Lee Kemp is the only remaining inmate who is still on the loose after he and eight others broke free from a jail in Lawton, Oklahoma back in 1999. Special Agent Steven Shapiro says Kemp has been moving around the country…
Shapiro: The specific territories where he has popped up are Las Vegas, Nevada; Houma, Louisiana; and Phoenix, Arizona.
Halpern: Kemp is a miniature car enthusiast…
Shapiro: He often attends hot rod car shows as well as owning a collection of Hot Wheels.
Halpern: Kemp has worked as a carpenter, custodian, and on an oil rig. He has a couple of aliases.
Shapiro: David Lee Kemp also goes by the names of David Glover as well as Ian Melancon.
Halpern: For Kemp’s description and photo, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have information on his whereabouts, call your local FBI office.
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston