February 19, 2013
A self-admitted con man is on the lam and the FBI needs your help tracking him down.
Mollie Halpern: A self-admitted con man is on the lam, and the FBI needs your help tracking him down.
David Kaup is wanted for failure to appear for sentencing in connection with running three fraud schemes.
Richard Ryan: He is a bad guy. He is a crook. He’s a con man. And he’s probably still out there trying to take your money right now.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Kaup operated American Loans and Funding as well as two other businesses in which he promised his victims he could refinance their homes at low interest rates and invest their money. He swindled more than $11 million from about 50 families. Supervisory Special Agent Richard Ryan says Kaup was also a disc jockey…
Ryan: He went under the name of New Age Dave and would deejay at parties in the Southern California area.
Halpern: Kaup also has a tattoo…
Ryan: Very distinguished in a tribal pattern and takes up the full right forearm.
Halpern: To see pictures of Kaup, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have any information about Kaup, contact your local FBI office.
- 07.21.2016 — Shauna Gutierrez
- 07.21.2016 — Combating International Corruption
- 07.14.2016 — FBI Counters Illicit Diamond Trafficking and Trade
- 07.08.2016 — Countering Terrorist Propaganda in Today’s Digital Era
- 06.28.2016 — Shanika S. Minor Added to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitive’s List