Amparo Hernandez and Eddy Vasquez
June 1, 2012
The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels.
Amparo Montas Hernandez, who is known as Iris, and her son, Eddy Vasquez, staffed the southwest Florida brothels with illegal immigrants from Central and South America.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Special Agent James Roncinske, of the Tampa Division, says…
James Rocinske: Iris was the actual operator, the brains behind the whole organization; and her son was allegedly an enforcer.
Halpern: The FBI received information that the girls staffing the brothels were either underage or were paying off debt to human smugglers known as “coyotes,” who snuck them across the U.S. border.
Roncinske: We eventually charged them with the federal charge of harboring illegal aliens.
Halpern: The mother and son took off to their native county of the Dominican Republic, where they may still be today. For descriptions and photos, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have any information about this case, contact your local FBI office.
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston