AK-47 Bandit Strikes Again
July 23, 2012
An alleged serial bank robber known as the AK-47 Bandit has struck again. The FBI needs your help to identify and track him down.
Mollie Halpern: An alleged serial bank robber known as the AK-47 Bandit has struck again. The FBI needs your help to identify and track him down.
Ayn Sandalo Dietrich: The FBI is working with law enforcement officials spanning three separate regions in the western United States. This is very important to us that we’re able to stop this guy before he causes any more physical harm to people.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. The unknown armed bank robber hit up the Chase Bank in North Bend, Washington on July 6. He’s linked to two other robberies in Los Angeles and Sacramento back in February and March. Ayn Sandalo Dietrich is the spokesperson of the FBI Seattle Division…
Dietrich: We think it’s the same guy because of similarities in his methods, particularly the fact that he was armed with an AK-style rifle. And he also was wearing a full-faced black ski mask.
Halpern: A reward of up to $20,000 is available for information leading to the suspect’s arrest. To report a tip, call your local FBI office. For pictures and video of the suspect, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 12.20.2018 — FBI, This Week: Remembering the Victims of Pan Am Flight 103
- 12.13.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 NIBRS Crime Data Released
- 12.07.2018 — FBI, This Week: High School Class Collaborates with FBI Profilers
- 11.30.2018 — FBI, This Week: The Visiting Scientist Program
- 11.28.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Iranians Indicted for SamSam Ransomware Hacking and Extortion Scheme