Patch Call

Patch Call

PortHuronPatch.jpg
AnsonPatch.jpg

The Port Huron (Michigan) Police Department was established in 1881 and is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). Its patch proudly depicts these achievements alongside the historic Fort Gratiot Lighthouse, the first of its kind in Michigan. Built in 1829, the lighthouse marks the channel into the St. Clair River from Lake Huron and is still active. Port Huron is considered the “Maritime Capital of the Great Lakes.”

Anson County, North Carolina is located on the southern border of the state and makes up 553 square miles of rural countryside. Established in 1750, the county initially stretched from the Atlantic Ocean to the Mississippi River. The patch of the Anson County Sheriff’s Office depicts a vast pine forest amidst a wide open, blue sky and one of the rivers that border the county. Also featured is a soaring bald eagle, often found along the area’s rivers.