Patch Call

Patch Call

OssiningPatch.jpg
PlymouthPatch2.jpg

The village of Ossining (meaning “stone on stone”), New York, was incorporated in 1813 as Sing Sing. Though the village changed its name in 1901 to avoid confusion with the famous local prison, its police department patch depicts on the upper left the facility’s historic walls. Also shown are the dual arches of a roadway and former aqueduct and a canoe moving down the Hudson River.

The County of Plymouth, Massachusetts, was established on June 2, 1685, by the General Court of Plymouth Colony. The patch of its sheriff’s department shows the Mayflower at rest after landing its passengers on Plymouth Rock in 1620. Around the ship is a chaplet of 27 pearls, each representing the municipalities that form the county government.