Springfield Community Outreach
The mission of FBI community outreach—the only non-investigative program in the Bureau—is to provide a comprehensive response to multiple interrelated societal problems, such as crime, drugs, gangs, and violence. Linking community service, prevention, and law enforcement is a national trend, as grassroots efforts have brought about federal support for public safety initiatives. Springfield personnel have joined this national movement, volunteering in a wide variety of community related efforts.
|Left to right: Citizens’ Academy students in the classroom and watching a SWAT demonstration.|
|FBI Citizens’ Academy Class of 2011|
Recognizing the interdependency of children, parents, other adults, community groups, businesses, schools, and social and health services, we focus our outreach efforts in three areas: the community, the schools, and the workplace. We accomplish this by sponsoring or supporting the following:
- The FBI Citizens’ Academy;
- The Community Relations Executive Training (CREST) Program;
- The Director’s Community Leadership Award (DCLA); to Hoyleton Ministries of Hoyleton, Illinois;
- Internet Safety Training, FBI Safe Online surfing ( SOS);
- The National Night Out Campaign;
- School mentoring;
- National Crime Victims Rights Week;
- The Terrorism Prevention Program;
- Career days and career fairs;
- Partnerships with minority groups and civic organizations; and
- The Multi-Cultural Advisory Council, Central Illinois Hate Crimes Working Group.
Request for Public Speakers
FBI Springfield offers public speakers on a limited basis on a variety of topics pertaining to the FBI’s investigative mission. When making a request, please include the following information.
- The date, time, and place of presentation;
- The approximate length of the presentation;
- Specific topic(s) to be addressed;
- The size and make-up of the audience (industry professionals, general public, students, etc.);
- The deadline for response; and
- Contact name, telephone, and e-mail address.
Send requests on letterhead via mail or email to:
Attn: Brad Ware, Community Outreach Specialist
900 East Linton Ave.
Springfield , IL 62703
Phone: (217) 757-3542
Please allow one month’s advance notice for all speaker requests. All requests are subject to availability.
Visit our national In Your Community website for more information about our overall outreach efforts and our work in other local FBI offices.