Arrest Made in Serial Bank Robbery Investigation
|FBI San Diego December 15, 2010|
The FBI is announcing the arrest of Sammy William Thomas, age 27, on Wednesday, December 8, 2010. Thomas was arrested by agents and officers from the FBI, San Diego Police Department, El Cajon Police Department, and the California Department of Corrections. Thomas was arrested in the vicinity of the 1400 block of Hotel Circle North, San Diego, California. Thomas was arrested without incident.
Following his arrest, Thomas was booked into the San Diego County Jail, on nine counts of bank robbery as follows:
1) US Bank, 2910 Jamacha Road, El Cajon, on August 31, 2010.
2) US Bank, 3681 Avocado Boulevard, La Mesa, on September 7, 2010.
3) Bank of America, 4420 Bonita Road, Chula Vista, on September 7, 2010.
4) Citibank, 5604 Mission Center Road, San Diego, on September 27, 2010.
5) Wells Fargo Bank, 6670 Montezuma Road, San Diego, on October 15, 2010.
6) Bank of America, 6501 Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, on October 15, 2010.
7) Wells Fargo Bank, 5624 Mission Center Drive, San Diego, on November 2, 2010.
8) US Bank, 1608 Broadway, El Cajon, on November 18, 2010.
9) Chase Bank, 4723 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, on December 2, 2010.
The San Diego District Attorney’s Office is handling the prosecution of Thomas. Investigating agencies included the Chula Vista Police Department, the La Mesa Police Department, San Diego Police Department, the San Diego Sheriff’s Department, and the California Department of Corrections.
Thomas is currently being held at the George Bailey Detention Facility, 446 Alta Road, Suite 5300, San Diego, California.
An arrest warrant itself is not evidence that the suspect committed the crimes charged. The suspect is presumed innocent until the government meets its burden in court of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.