FBI Seeking Bad Beard Bandit Bank Robber
Now Tied to Five Robberies
|FBI Sacramento December 16, 2013|
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is requesting assistance from the public to identify a suspect who is connected to five bank robberies in northern California. While a weapon not been seen during the commission of any of the robberies, the suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
The stocky, white or Hispanic male suspect is believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s has donned a dark, poor quality, fake beard in each of the robberies. The 5'9" tall suspect with dark brown or black hair has also worn blue jeans, ball caps, hooded sweatshirts, and lightweight zip-front jackets during the commission of the robberies.
To date, the Bad Beard Bandit is believed to be connected to the following robberies:
- November 21, 2013: Bank of the West, 411 W. Main St., Ripon, California
- November 26, 2013: Chase Bank, 123 Spreckels Ave., Manteca, California
- December 3, 2013: Chase Bank, 691 W. 11th St., Tracy, California
- December 4, 2013: Chase Bank, 4520 Dublin Blvd., Dublin, California
- December 10, 2013: Citibank, 395 W El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, California
The robberies and attempted robbery are being investigated by multiple law enforcement agencies including the FBI, Ripon Police Department, Manteca Police Department, Tracy Police Department, Dublin Police Department, and the Sunnyvale Police Department.
Anyone with information regarding these robberies is asked to contact the FBI in Stockton at (209) 474-8293. Additional details and photos are available on the FBI’s Wanted Bank Robbers website: https://bankrobbers.fbi.gov.
- Sacramento FBI (Ripon, Manteca, and Tracy cases)
- San Francisco FBI (Dublin and Sunnyvale cases)