Wanted: The High Country Bandits
|FBI Phoenix December 09, 2009|
The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying the High Country Bandits, an armed crew who has allegedly committed six bank robberies across Northern Arizona in Heber, Flagstaff, Prescott Valley, Payson, Gold Canyon, and in Pinetop. The unknown male identified as suspect number one points a black semi-automatic handgun at the victim teller(s), and orders them to put their hands up. Suspect number one then demands all the money from the teller drawers. He obtains an undisclosed amount of money, puts it in a bag, orders everyone on the ground, often telling them to “kiss the floor.” He then exits the credit union/bank with a second suspect. In the latest robberies they are seen leaving the bank on a green or maroon 4 wheel ATV with suspect number two driving.
Suspect number one is described as a White male, 30’s - 40’s, approximately 5’3” – 5’6”, slight build, wearing dark clothing, gloves, baseball cap, sunglasses, a facemask that covers at least the lower half of his face, and a bomber style leather jacket. His voice is described as being deep, rough or raspy. There is no description for suspect number two.
The following credit union and banks have been robbed:
- Bank of the West, 1945 Highway 260, Heber, 09/08/09.
- Arizona Central Credit Union, 1948 S. Woodland Village Blvd, Flagstaff, Arizona, 10/14/09.
- Country Bank, 3044 North Glassford Hill Road, Prescott Valley, Arizona, 10/30/09.
- Compass Bank, 613 S. Beeline Highway, Payson, Arizona, 11/25/09.
- Chase Bank, 5305 S. Superstition Mtn Dr., Gold Canyon, 12/03/09.
- Compass Bank, 781 E. White Mountain Blvd., Pinetop, 12/04/09.
Please contact the FBI at (602) 279-5511 with any information about the identity of the High Country Bandits.