In this complex, globalized, post 9/11 world, our operational partnerships have never been more important to our efforts to protect your communities.
Today, we work with colleagues at every level of government—local, state, federal, even international—across the law enforcement, intelligence, and first responder communities. We lead and take part in multi-agency task forces, intelligence groups and fusion centers, and public and private sector alliances. A number of our partners literally sit shoulder-to-shoulder with us in FBI space, just as we share our agents and analysts with other agencies. We work closely on joint investigations—sometimes taking the lead, sometimes taking a back seat to others, sometimes contributing equally among many agencies. Our work with our colleagues, in fact, is so intertwined today that it’s often nearly impossible to separate the contributions of one agency—and one nation—from the next.
In Mobile, our major partnerships include:
- The Mobile Joint Terrorism Task Force brings together representatives of local, state, and federal agencies to run down any and all terrorism leads, develop and investigate cases, provide support for special events, and proactively identify threats that may impact the area and the nation.
- The Mobile Field Intelligence Group is a team of FBI agents and analysts who provide a full range of intelligence support on terrorism and criminal threats.
- We participate in the FBI Counterintelligence Strategic Partnerships Program, which builds relationships between private industry, academia, government agencies, the FBI, and its counterintelligence community partners to identify and protect projects of great importance to the U.S. government.
- To battle cyber crime, we have a number of key partnerships:
- Our Cyber Crime Task Forces in Mobile and Montgomery bring together local, state, and federal experts to combat computer intrusions, viruses, and other cyber threats.
- The Mobile InfraGard Chapter is the local arm a national information-sharing alliance between private industry, academia, and government focused on protecting critical national infrastructures in both the online and offline worlds.
- We also lead or take part in several major partnerships targeting violent crime:
- Our Mobile Violent Crimes Task Force combines detectives from the Mobile Police Department and our special agents to pool expertise and resources in targeting street gangs and violent criminals of all kinds.
- Our Violent Fugitive Gang and Sex Predator Safe Streets Task Force in Mobile works to round up violent fugitives, including gang members and sexual predators.