In this complex, globalized, post 9/11 world, our operational partnerships have never been more important to our efforts to protect your communities.
Today, we work with colleagues at every level of government—local, state, federal, even international—across the law enforcement, intelligence, and first responder communities. We lead and take part in multi-agency task forces, intelligence groups and fusion centers, and public and private sector alliances. A number of our partners literally sit shoulder-to-shoulder with us in FBI space, just as we share our agents and analysts with other agencies. We work closely on joint investigations—sometimes taking the lead, sometimes taking a back seat to others, sometimes contributing equally among many agencies. Our work with our colleagues, in fact, is so intertwined today that it’s often nearly impossible to separate the contributions of one agency—and one nation—from the next.
In Little Rock, our major partnerships include:
- The Little Rock Joint Terrorism Task Force of Arkansas brings together representatives of more than 40 local, state, and federal agencies to run down any and all terrorism leads, develop and investigate cases, provide support for special events, and proactively identify threats that may impact the area and the nation.
- The Little Rock Field Intelligence Group is a team of our agents and analysts who provide a full range of intelligence support on terrorism and criminal threats and work with law enforcement and intelligence partners in all counties in Arkansas.
- The Little Rock Division participates in the FBI Counterintelligence Strategic Partnership Program, which builds relationships between private industry, academia, government agencies, the FBI, and its counterintelligence community partners to identify and protect projects of great importance to the U.S. government.
- To battle cyber crime, we bring together local, state, and federal experts to combat computer intrusions, viruses, and other cyber threats. We also participate in the , the local arm of a national information-sharing alliance between private industry, academia, and government focused on protecting critical national infrastructures in both the online and offline worlds.
- We lead or take part in major partnerships targeting violent crime. Our Little Rock METROCK Safe Streets Task Force combines detectives from the Little Rock Police Department and our special agents to pool expertise and resources in targeting street gangs and violent criminals of all kinds.
- Our partnership with state and local agencies in south Arkansas is led by our El Dorado Resident Agency Safe Streets Task Force which combines agents and investigators from the Arkansas State Police, Columbia County Gang Enforcement Task Force (GNET), Union County Criminal Apprehension Division (CAD), Ouachita and Ashley Counties to combat violent criminal enterprises and street gangs involved in drugs and firearms trafficking.
- Combating public corruption is one of the FBI’s top priorities, as public corruption directly affects our national security, our freedom, and our way of life. This is why we have formed ArkTrust a public corruption task force comprised of FBI Agents, and Task Force Officers from the Arkansas State Police Department, Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office, and the Little Rock Police Department. If you think you see public corruption contact the public corruption hotline at (501)221-8200.