Timeline of the Office of the Chief Information Officer/Information and Technology Branch
Fiscal Years 2001-2012
- September 11: Terror attacks against the U.S. in New York City, Washington, D.C., and Shanksville, PA.
- November 1: Congress approved establishment of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO); Director named Bob Dies as Acting Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Darwin John Zalmai Azmi
- May 3: Director named Wilson Lowery as Acting CIO.
- December 3: Director named Zalmai Azmi as Acting CIO
- May 4: Director named Zalmai Azmi as CIO
- June 4: IT Services Division, Office of Program Management, and Office of IT Policy and Planning established.
- July 4: Information Resources Division renamed IT Operations Division
- July 4: Congress approved reorganization of the OCIO
- May 5: First Deputy Chief Information Officer established
- September 5: IT Utilities placed under CIO
- July 6: OCIO designated as an FBI branch.
- January 7: Second DCIO established
- August 7: Office of the Chief Knowledge Officer established
- September 7: Attorney General approved name change to Information and Technology Branch (ITB) and CIO to Executive Assistant Director
- April 8: Director announced ITB name change.
- December 8: Director named Chad Fulgham as CIO.
- July 31: Formulated the Information Technology Strategic Plan, FY 2010-2015.
- May 10: Congress approved reorganization of ITB.
- August 22: Director named Jerome Pender CIO.