UCR Reporting Forms
UCR Reporting Forms
Summary Reporting Forms
- Return A – Monthly Return of Offenses Known to the Police (pdf)—The Return A is the form local, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies use monthly for the UCR Program to collect data on offenses that become known to them.
- Supplement to Return A – Monthly Return of Offenses Known to the Police (pdf)—The Supplement to Return A is a monthly reporting of the nature of crime and the type and value of property stolen and recovered.
- —The SHR is designed to collect additional details regarding the murder victim and offender, their relationship to one another, the weapon used, and the circumstances in each criminal homicide.
- —The LEOKA should be used by law enforcement to report line-of-duty felonious or accidental killings and assaults on their officers for a given month.
- —The juvenile ASR collects monthly arrest data on the total number of juveniles arrested, cited, or summoned for criminal acts in all Part I and Part II crimes; personal characteristics—age, sex, race—of persons arrested are reported.
- —The adult ASR collects monthly arrest data on the total number of adults arrested, cited, or summoned for criminal acts in all Part I and Part II crimes; the personal characteristics—age, sex, race—of persons arrested are reported.
- —The Arson form solicits data on all arson offenses reported to law enforcement.
- Number of Full-Time Law Enforcement Employees as of October 31 (pdf)—The Law Enforcement Employees Report collects information relating to the number of full-time law enforcement employees, both officers and civilians.
- Monthly Return of Human Trafficking Offenses Known to Law Enforcement (pdf)—The HT form is to be used by local, county, state, and tribal law enforcement agencies to collect data on human trafficking offenses known to them as monthly aggregate counts.
Hate Crime Program
- Quarterly Hate Crime Report (pdf)—The Quarterly Hate Crime Report should be used to identify the reporting agency, to state the number of bias-motivated incidents being reported for the calendar quarter, and to delete any incidents previously reported that have been determined during the reporting period not to have been motivated by bias.
- Hate Crime Incident Report (pdf)—The Hate Crime Incident Report captures the type of offense, the location of the offense, the bias motivation, the type of victim, and the number and race of offenders within each reported hate-related crime incident.
Cargo Theft Program
- Cargo Theft Incident Report (fillable pdf 628 kb)—The Cargo Theft Incident Report collects data pertaining to the criminal taking of cargo that is moving in commerce at all points between the point of origin and the final destination, regardless of any temporary stop while awaiting transshipment or otherwise.